In this post, Ben will take you through how to connect and set up the LiveU units TV gallery. There is a training video below, or you can use the step-by-step guide.
1. Open up Google Chrome on the laptop next to the audio mixer and go to www.lu-central.liveu.tv/
2. There is a list of 5 different LiveU units that we can use. 3 belong to Creative Media, 2 belong to Journalism. The two units that we use are LU200_Journalism_Sheffield01 and LU300_Journalism_Sheffield02. Click on the unit to select it, and open up the control menu for that unit.
3. You can choose which video server (video input) the field unit will send the video feed to. We will only ever use journalism_server_1 and journalism_server_2. Click on the dropdown menu and select the server you want.
Top Tip- It doesn’t really matter which field unit you send to which video server, but to make it easier to manage on the vision mixer, we always send LU200_journalism_sheffield01 to journalism_server_1, and LU300_journalism_sheffield02 to journalism_server_2.
4. If the unit is offline, you won’t be able to connect to it. There are several reasons for the unit being offline: the field unit might not be turned on yet, the camera may not be connected or the camera might not be turned on. What you will need to wait until the field crew have turned on all the equipment and connected it properly.
5. Once the field crew have connected and turned on all the equipment, the green start button will appear. Before you click start, ensure that the delay is set to 1 second.
6. Once you’ve checked the delay and the server, click on the start button and the offsite unit will begin transmitting
7. Once you have pushed the start button, you do not need to do anything else.