In this post, Ben will take you through how to operate the Tricaster Vision Mixer in the TV gallery. There is a training video below, or you can use the step-by-step guide.
1. Video input selection strips
These two strips of buttons allow you to choose between the cameras, LiveU units and Video playback inouts that we have available. These are located on the lower-left side of the vision mixer.
2. Programme output strip
The programme output strip is the one at the top, with the red buttons. The buttons on this strip select the main video output that can be seen on the monitor.
3. Push the numbered buttons to select the video feed that you need.
4. Preview video selection strip
The preview video selection strip is underneath , and had green buttons. The Preview buttons can be used to pre-load the next needed next video source.
5. You can use the take button, located on the right hand side of the console, to switch between the selected Programme and Preview video feeds. The take button will snap between the two feeds.
6. The auto button can be used in a similar way to the take button, but rather than snapping from one feed to the other, it will be a 1 second crossfade.