Here’s a quick look at the steps you need to take in order to set up the Canon 80d filming kit’s external microphone.
- Connect the XLR and mini-jack cable to the microphone. Make sure the microphone is switched on.
- Plug in the mini-jack at the side of the camera. Ideally plug in some headphones as well, so you can monitor the audio.
- Switch the device to film mode using the tiggle switch on the start/stop button.
- Begin recording by pressing the start/stop button.
- When you are finished recording, press the start/stop button again. Press the play button to watch and listen back to the recording.
DO A TEST RUN AND WATCH/LISTEN BACK BEFORE RECORDING TO MAKE SURE THE MIC IS WORKING.