MEDIA STORE LOCATION: Third Floor, 9 Mappin (next to Newsroom 3)
MEDIA STORE OPENING TIMES: Monday – Friday
9:30 – 11:30
14:30 – 16:30
The media store runs through an equipment booking system – Connect2. To book equipment out from the Media Store you need to log into Connect2 using your University of Sheffield user name & password. Connect2 can be found here : https://sheffieldjnl.getconnect2.com/
If you’re a first-time user, you need to complete the health and safety requirements before you can book out any equipment. Information for how to complete these requirements can be found at this link.
Watch the vid below for a quick walk-through of the Connect2 booking system
You have to read and agree to the Terms and Conditions every time you make a booking on Connect2. Key rules include:
- You are able to book equipment for 24 hours at a time. If you need equipment for longer, you will need permission from a tutor first. The exception to this is Friday bookings which can be returned on Monday, as we are closed sat/sun.
- Late returns can result in a suspension from the store. Returning late can effect another students booking, leaving them without the equipment they need. If you know you are going to be late PLEASE contact us as soon as possible so we can make arrangements!
- Its your responsibility to check equipment when you receive it, so the first thing you should do with kit is make sure everything is there and working properly. Any issues should be reported to us ASAP. We work hard to check everything is correct, but it is best to double-check yourself.
- If equipment is damaged or lost when taken out, you will have to cover the cost of repairs/replacement.
- Your booking will automatically be cancelled after 15 minutes if the equipment has not been collected. Be on time or someone else might get your gear!
If you need any help with the equipment or have any questions, please let us know or get in touch!